Thursday, August 30, 2007

Eeeeeeyhah! We're in Cowboy Land!


















After a good night in Colville we hit the road this morning. First stop was Wal-Mart where Heidi, my second new best friend, got all my pictures out of my camera and put them on a new one gigabyte card! She is the first picture you see. I told her she was going on our hero list, which by the way is growing each day. We keep looking for jerks but they are few and far between though Jorge at the Mexican restaurant tonight might be the pick of the week. Stay tuned. The drive to Kalispell was beautiful. We wondered about the haze in the sky that obscured the looming mountains and turns out it is smoke from the fires that are burning in Idaho and Montana. But in spite of this it was a beautiful drive through the pine forests. The rivers and lakes continue to take our breath away and for any of you fishermen we passed by one lake very close to the road and saw signs of fish breaking the surface of the water!
We stopped in Sandpoint for lunch and a little walkabout. We ate at Spuds out on the deck watching swans glide by on the river. Visited the mothership of Coldwater Creek and Judi let our presence be known.

The trip to Kalispell was another 4 hours and we are at an Econolodge with a very Western cowboy theme. We figure we will know motels in and out by the time we get home.

Tomorrow we are going to visit relatives of Lee and driving to the southern end of Flathead Lake. The car gets a new radio tomorrow. We admitted today the quiet has been sort of enjoyable. I have cheated a little bit and listened to some podcasts. That is about as long as I can stay awake if I am not driving.
The pictures I am posting from Ellensburg are of the downtown and crazy Dick and Jane's house. The next ones are the Columbia River Gorge and the Colville Historical Society, and the last ones are from Sandpoint today. (ooops they are all loaded backwards. I must be doing something wron!) And then I am off to bed after taking my cold medicine and blowing my nose. (sorry, too much information!)
Love, Gerry

No comments: